This course is targeted at Singapore Cambridge GCE O level students, but is also relevant to IGCSE students and Singapore's Integrated program students.
What do circuit breakers and r/c car motors have in common? The answer lies in the relationship between the current that flows through a wire and its magnetic effects. Whether it's creating a field strong enough to attract a contact and break a circuit, or providing enough force to win that race, the link between electricity and magnetism is wondrous and amazing.
You will learn:
- How to pick the materials to use for a good electromagnet
- How to increase or decrease the apparent weight of a wire without touching it
- What happens to charged particles in a magnetic field
- Some places where you might see electromagnetism being used
- How dc motors work
- Lots of other cool stuff!
A link to the full O level Physics syllabus can be found here
You will need to know:
The instructor is from Math Arena.The instructor is absolutely passionate about teaching and you'll find the lessons engaging and ultimately rewarding.