This course is targeted at Singapore Cambridge GCE O level students, but is also relevant to IGCSE students and Singapore's Integrated program students.
You've probably seen it in films or read about it in books - there's a deep shaft and our hero needs to find out how deep it is, so he (or she) takes a rock and drops it down the shaft, counting off the seconds until it hits the bottom. So if the stone takes 5 whole seconds to fall, we know that the shaft is really deep. How deep, exactly? It turns out that kinematics - the study of how objects move - provides us with a set of equations that we can use to relate the depth of the shaft to the time the stone takes to fall. This course explores all that and more in a series of short, informative videos that will broaden your knowledge of kinematics.
You will learn:
- How displacement, velocity and acceleration are related
- How to find the maximum speed a bus can reach on a fixed length of straight road
- How to find out how much distance a car needs to come to a halt
- The behaviour of an object in freefall
- Other cool stuff! (Some of the videos in this course are marked as "explanation videos", which go into greater depth on the topics covered. We try to bring in out-of-syllabus concepts where possible to make things more interesting and give a more complete understanding of the topic)
A link to the full O level Physics syllabus can be found here
You will need to know:
- How to watch videos on your computer
The instructor is from Math Arena.The instructor is absolutely passionate about teaching and you'll find the lessons engaging and ultimately rewarding.